Saturday, August 23, 2008

DS Games played this week

Deal or No Deal
  • Nearly as annoying as the programme.
  • 3/10
  • Play again? No
MechAssault - Phantom War
  • The only proper mech game that I've player, not counting the Iron Soldier on the Jaguar. Good fun, ok graphics, lots of mechs and some minigames to hack other mechs and doors.
  • 7.5/10
  • Play again? Yes
Who Wants to Be A Millionaire
  • Does what it says on the packet really, nicely presented but not really my thing, I lost at about £5000 or £6000.
  • 5.5/10
  • Play again? Maybe
Nanostray
  • A vertical scrolling shoot-em-up, very nice graphics, quite tough though.
  • 7/10
  • Play again? Yes
Point Blank
  • A remake of the PS1 light gun game. Lots of fun, I want to try this on link-up. Makes me want to play the original again.
  • 7.5/10
  • Play again? Yes
Rayman
  • A 3d platform game. I played the original 2d platformer years ago which I recall was fairly good. This however was yet another 2d game which some bright spark decided would be good as a 3d game. Its not terrible, the game play is ok, i've played much worse, the graphics aren't that good though.
  • 5/10
  • Play again? Maybe
Space Chimps
  • Got irritated very quickly, couldn't get through the first level.
  • 2/10
  • Play again? I'll give it another try
Spongebobs Atlantis Squarepantis
  • I like Spongebob. This is daft but fun. A 3d platformer in the way that the Lego Star Wars and Lego Indy are.
  • between 4/10 and 8/10
  • Play again? Yep
Telly Addicts
  • See Who Wants to be A Millionaire, a bit more fun though. I watch too much telly though as got 18/20 on my first go. Either that or my brain is full of crap.
  • 6/10
  • Play again? Maybe
Tony Hawks Proving Ground
  • Lots better than I though it would be, I've been a fan of the xbox version and thought this would just be a poor version but it is surprisingly good. I only did the tutorial and about 10 minutes of the first level but found it worked like the xbox one and though it will probably take me a little while to get used to the controls, this is one I'll definitely persevere with.
  • 8.5/10
  • Play again? Definitely
Top Trumps Horror and Predators
  • A bit boring really. Nicely presented, will probably be better multiplayer - could be worse, it could be the Dr Who one.
  • 5/10
  • Play again? Multiplayer - yes, otherwise no
Transformers - Autobots
  • Played for about 15 minutes. Graphics not that great, but game play was ok, and you can beat big robots.
  • 7/10
  • Play again? yes

No comments: